Natural face, sawn edges.
Natural Limestone is a traditional look and a very popular one. It has a riven texture which is naturally formed.
- This variety of colours and textures make each stone unique
- We choose our patio packs to have a large percentage of 600x900mm slabs(cheaper products often do not have such large slabs in the mix as there more expensive)
- The calibration of this is 22mm thick (cheaper products are often thinner)
- Limestone will need 'sealed' to keep its black colour.
- The calibration (dimensions) will vary more than in other stones – see laying advice
- We cannot accept returns for natural formations, or colour variations (unless these variations are causing structural issues)
Natural limestone needs more consideration than other stone at the point of laying. This is due to the natural colour and textural variations mentioned above. Natural Limestone needs to be worked with to create the patio that you want – spread the colours and textures thoughtfully so that you make the most out of the stone and you will have an outstanding traditional area. A skilled landscaper will be able to do this for you.
We recommend using slurry/primer/glue on the backs of the slabs when laying, which we stock.